I love to try new spice combinations to keep my palate pleasantly pleased! Sometimes I wind up with a spice leftover from a recipe that I want to use up before it goes flat and flavorless. These flavorful thighs totally fit the bill.
When combining flavors, it makes sense to stay in the same region to start, but feel free to experiment, What’s the worst that could happen? Ok, well the dog will always eat it.
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- ¼ cup bacon drippings
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. All-spice
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 1 tsp. Tumeric
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry and place on a greased sheet pan or baking pan.
- Brush chicken generously with bacon drippings and dust chicken with the spices.
- Bake for 50-60 min. until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy.