Being Italian, there wasn't a vegetable we didn't stuff. I don't know what it is about produce that makes us want to fill it up with cheesy goodness, but some questions are better off left unasked. These stuffed mushrooms are super easy, deliciously savory and you won't miss the breadcrumbs. I promise.
- 1 container white or baby bella mushrooms
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup black olives (Kalamata or oil-cured)
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus 2 tbsp. separated
- Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Clean 1 container of large mushrooms and separate from stems.
3. Trim the stems and mince them along with 2-3 cloves of garlic.
4. Sauté the stems, garlic, and onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Add olives, chopped fresh parsley to combine.
6. Turn off heat and add 1/2 cup Parmesan.
7. Oil a sheet pan and start stuffing! Mound mixture into the mushroom cavity, then turn the spoon over to create a mound on top and press lightly. Sprinkle with reserved parmesan.
8. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper and drizzle a bit of Olive oil.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!